Friday, January 7, 2011

The ghost

The thing in the world that philosophers add the least faith, ghosts, however, if the special feature that I will relate, relate signed by several witnesses and recorded in archives respectable, if this trait, say I, and from these securities and the authenticity after he had in his time, may become liable to be believed, it will be good, despite the skepticism of our Stoics, to persuade himself that if all the tales ghosts are not real, at least there on this very extraordinary things.

Mrs A big German language so that all Paris knew a woman gay, frank, naive and good company, lived for over twenty years she was a widow with some Menou, a businessman who was staying at St. John -en-Greve. Ms. German language was a day to dine with Mrs. Duplatz a woman with his appearance and his company, when in the middle of a party that had started after dinner, a servant came and begged Mrs. German language to move in an adjoining room, waited a person familiar urged him to speak on a matter that also pressed consistently, Ms. German language says we wait, she does not want to disturb his part, the footman returned, and so insistent the mistress of the house is the first to urge Mrs. German language to see what he wants. She goes out and acknowledges Menou.

- What a deal if pressed, she said, may induce you to come and disturb me in a house where you are no known?

- Very important, madam, "replied the broker, and you must believe it is although this species, so I got permission from God to speak to you for the last time in my life. ..

At these words, which did not announce a man in very good sense, Ms. German language and fixing its troubled friend she had not seen for a few days, she is terrified at the sight even more pale and disfigured.

- What is it, sir, "she said, what are the reasons and the state I see you, and sinister things that you have sent me ... lighten me as soon as possible, that you can have happened?

- Nothing unusual about that, ma'am, "said Menou, after sixty years of life he was simple to arrive at the port, through the sky here I am, I paid tribute to nature that all men owe I am not complaining that you have missed in my last moments, and it is this fault, ma'am, I just ask you excuse.

- But, sir, you beat the campaign, there is no example of such irrationality, or back to you, or I'll call me.

- Do not call, Madame, this unwelcome visit will not be long, I approach the end I have been given by the Lord, therefore hear my last words and that is that we will never leave us .. . I am dead, I tell you, madam, you will soon be cleared of the truth of what I advance. I've forgotten in my will, I just repair my fault, take this key, transporting you instantly to me behind the curtains of my bed you will find an iron gate, you open with key I gives you, and you take away money that will contain the cupboard by the door, and these amounts are unknown to my heirs, they are yours, nobody will play you. Adieu, madame, do not follow me ...

Menou and disappears.

It is easy to imagine what trouble with Ms. German language went into the living room of his friend, it was impossible to hide the subject ...

- The thing deserves to be recognized, "said Ms. Duplatz, do not waste a moment.

We are asking for horses, we got into a car, it is transported in Menou ... He was at his door, lying in his coffin and the two women get into the apartment, the friend of the master, too well known to be refused, through all the rooms that appeal to him, it happens that indicated, found the iron gate , opens with the key that he has given, and recognizes the treasure wins.

This is probably evidence of friendship and gratitude which the examples are not frequent and, if ghosts frighten, must at least we will agree to forgive their fears that they may cause us, for reasons which lead them to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment