Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Emilie de Tourville / Fraternal Cruelty

Nothing is sacred in a family like the honor of its members, but if this treasure comes to tarnishing, while it may be valuable, those interested in defending the need at the price they charge to them themselves the role of persecutor of humiliating unfortunate creatures who offend? Would it not reasonable to compensating the horrors they torment their victims, and this lesion often chimerical they complain that they have received? Finally, what is the most guilty in the eyes of reason, or a weak girl and deceived, or that any parent to set itself up as a vengeful family, became the executioner of this unfortunate? The event that we lay before our readers will perhaps decide the issue.

The Count of Luxeuil, Lieutenant General, a man of about fifty-six to fifty-seven years, returning as a post of its land in Picardy, when passing through the forest of Compiegne, about six o'clock in the evening to In late November, he heard cries of woman who appeared to come from the corner of a road, near the high road he was crossing, he stopped and ordered his valet, who ran alongside the chair in go see what it is. He reports that it is a girl of sixteen or seventeen years old, drowned in his blood, it is not possible yet to distinguish where his injuries and asking to be rescued, and the count down himself soon it flies to the unfortunate, it also has difficulty because of the dark to discern whence can the blood she lost, but the answers that he did, he finally sees that c east of the vein of the arm where it is customary to bleed.

- Mademoiselle, "said the count after treating this creature as far as in him I'm not here where you ask the cause of your woes, and you're no good for me to learn: get on my car, I pray you, and our unique treatments now are for you to calm and for me to help you.

In saying that Mr. de Luxeuil, assisted by his valet, is this poor lady in the chair, and we share.

Just this interesting person found herself safe, she would utter a few words of gratitude, but the count begging her not to speak, said:

- Tomorrow, miss, you will tell me tomorrow, I hope, everything about you, but today, by the authority over you and give me my age and happiness that I had to be useful I urge you to think only of you calm down.

It happens, to avoid the glare, the count is wrapping his protegee of a man's coat, and brought by his valet in a comfortable apartment at the end of his hotel, where he comes to see, from he received the embraces of his wife and son who were waiting for one and one for dinner that night.

The count, by coming to see his patient, brought with him a surgeon, the young person is visited, it is found in an inexpressible relief, the pallor of her skin seemed almost announce he had left only a few moments to live, however she had no injuries; towards her weakness, she came, she said, the enormous amount of blood she lost daily for three months, and as she was going to say to Count the cause of the supernatural prodigious loss, she fell into weakness, and the surgeon said he had to leave her alone and be content to administer restaurants and cordial.

Our hapless young spent a pretty good night, but six days she was able to instruct his benefactor events that concerned and the seventh in the evening to end, ignoring everyone still in the house of Count it it was hidden, and herself, by the precautions taken, not knowing either where she was, she begged the count to hear him and grant him especially his indulgence, whatever faults she would confess. Mr. Luxeuil took a seat, assured her that he would remove protected interest that was never made to inspire, and our beautiful adventuress thus began the story of his misfortunes.


Miss history of Tourville.

I am a daughter, sir, the President of Tourville, too experienced and too distinguished in his state to be unknown to you. For two years I left the convent, I never left the house of my father, having lost my mother very young, he only took care of my education and I can say that he neglected nothing to give me all the graces and all the amenities of my sex. These attentions, these projects foretold my father to marry more preferably it would be possible, perhaps even a bit of choice, all that, I say, soon aroused the jealousy of my brothers, one President for three years, has now reached its twenty-sixth year and another, more recently adviser, has nearly twenty-four.

I never imagined being so strongly that I hated them instead of being satisfied today, having done nothing to deserve these feelings on their part, I lived in the sweet illusion that I those that made my heart innocently formed for them. Oh, heavens, like I was wrong! Except the time care of my education, I enjoyed with my father the greatest freedom; it related to my conduct mine alone, it forced me about anything, and I even had for nearly eighteen months permission to walk in the mornings with my maid, or on the terrace of the Tuileries, or on the wall with which we live, and do the same with her, either while walking or in a car of my father a visit to my friends and relatives, provided it was not at times when a young person can hardly be alone in the middle of a circle. Any cause of my misfortunes come from the fatal liberty, that is why I speak to you, sir, would to God that they never had.

A year ago that I walked, as I tell you, with my maid, who is called Julie, in a dark alley of the Tuileries, where I'm no longer alone on the terrace, where it seemed that I breathed cleaner air, six young stunned approach us and show us the indignity of their words, they take us one and the other for what we call girls. Horribly embarrassed such a scene, and not knowing how to escape, I went to get my hello in flight, when a young man I was in the habit of seeing very often walking alone at about the same hours as me, and whose appearance betokened nothing as honest as I passed by in this cruel embarrassment.

- Sir, I cried, calling to me, I have not the honor of being known to you, but we meet here almost every morning that you could see me you must Having convinced, I flatter myself that I'm not a girl adventure, I urge you to give me his hand to take me home and deliver me from these bandits.

M. ..., you will permit me to mention his name, too many reasons for hiring me, ran away, he dismisses the rascals who surround me, convinces them of their mistake by the air of politeness and respect that He approaches me, takes my arm and took me out of the garden soon.

- Mademoiselle, "he said shortly before being on our doorstep, I think it prudent to leave you here if I lead you to your house, it will say in the matter, perhaps he will emerge from is a defense only to walk more, then hide what has happened, and continue to come as you are doing in that alley, because it amuses you and your parents will allow. I will not miss a single day to get there and you will find me ready to die, if necessary, to oppose what trouble your peace.

Such a precaution, an offer so obliging, it all made me glance at this young man, with a little more interest than I had imagined to do previously, the finding of two or three years older me and a charming face, I blushed and thanked him, and the fiery darts of the seductive god my misfortune now penetrated into my heart before I had time to oppose it. We parted, but I thought I saw the way Mr de ... left me, I made the same impression on him that he had produced in me. I returned to my father, I refrained from saying anything and went back the next day in the same aisle, led by a stronger feeling that I, who have made me brave all the dangers that it might have to meet ... nay, which perhaps would have made me want to have the pleasure to be issued by the same man ... I paint my soul, sir, perhaps too naive, but you promised leniency and each new feature of my story will show you if I need it, this is not the recklessness that only you see me do, it will not be the only time I will need your pity.

M. ... appeared in six minutes gone after me, and accosted me as soon as he saw me:

- Dare I ask you, miss, "he said, if the adventure of yesterday made no noise, and if you have experienced no punishment?

I assured him that no, I told him I had benefited from his advice, I thanked him and that I hoped that nothing would disturb the pleasure I took to come and breathe the morning.

- If you find some charms, miss, "said Mr. de ... with your most honest, those who have the happiness to meet you in experiencing more vivid without doubt, and I took the liberty yesterday to advise you not to venture what might bother you walk in truth you owe me the point of recognition: I dare assure you, miss, unless I worked for you and me.

And his eyes, saying that, turned to mine with so much expression ... Oh sir, what was it that this man was so sweet that I should one day my troubles! I answered honestly about it, the conversation went, we made two rounds of assembly and Mr. ... do not leave me without me conjure him learn who he was fortunate enough to have served the night before, I did not think him to hide, he told me that he was well and we parted. For nearly a month, sir, we stopped and we see almost every day, and this month, as you can imagine not passed the point unless we admitted we were one with the other feelings that we experienced, and without us we were sworn to feel constantly.

Finally M. ... begged me to allow him to see me in a less hindered a public garden.

- I dare not show up at your father, beautiful Emily, "he said, never having had the honor of knowing him, he soon suspect the reason that attracts me to him, and instead that approach had to support our projects, perhaps it would hurt them much, but if you're really good enough, compassionate enough to not wanting to let me die of grief not to give me what I would charge you, I 'll show you ways.

I refused at first to hear them, and was soon quite weak for asking. These means, sir, we were seeing three times a week with Ms. Berceil, milliner Rue des Arcis, prudence and honesty which Mr de ... I met his mother as well.

- Since you can see your aunt Mrs. remains, you told me, quite near, he will pretend to go to this aunt, actually make him short visits and to spend the rest of time you'd given him at the woman I tell you, your aunt questioned answered that you actually received the day you said you'll see, it is therefore more than just measuring the time spent visiting , and that's what you can be quite sure that never thinks to do when we trust in you.

I will not tell you, sir, all that I objected to Mr. de ... to dissuade him from this project and to make him feel the disadvantages of what use it that I joined it to my strengths, since I finally succumb? I promised to M. de ... everything he wanted, he gave twenty pounds to Julie without my knowing this girl put entirely in his interests, and I do not work more than my loss. To make it even more complete, for longer and get drunk at leisure the sweet poison that flowed to my heart, I made a false confession to my aunt, I told him that a young lady friend of mine (who j 'had given the word and should respond accordingly) was willing to show me the kindness to take me three times a week in her dressing room to the French, that I dared not share it with my father, lest he did not preclude this, but I'd say I came home, and I begged her to certify, after some difficulty, my aunt could not resist my insistence, we agreed that Julie would come to my place, and that 'returning the show I would take going to go home together. I kissed a thousand times my aunt: Fatal blindness of passion, I thanked her for what she was suitable for my loss, it opens the door to distractions that would put me on the edge of the grave!

Our visit began in the last Berceil, his store was beautiful, its very decent house, and herself a woman of about forty years when I thought we could give confidence. Alas, I did that too and had for her and my lover ... the treacherous, it's time to tell you, sir ... the sixth time that I saw in that fatal house, he took such an influence on me, he was able to seduce me so much that he abused my weakness and I became the idol in his arms and his passion victim of my own. Cruel pleasures, which you already claimed tears, and how much remorse you will tear my soul even until the last moment of my life!

A year passed in this disastrous illusion, monsieur, I had attained my seventeenth year, my father spoke to me each day of an establishment, and if you think I shuddered to these proposals, if a fatal adventure finally came I rush into the eternal abyss where I dive. Sad leave no doubt of Providence, who wanted only one thing that I did no wrong was one that had to be used to punish me for my real faults, to see how we do it échappons ever, it follows one who wanders around, and that he suspects the event least insensibly that it creates to be used for revenge.

M. ... warned me one day that some business would deny the essential pleasure of speaking three hours together as we used to be together, yet he would come a few minutes before the end of our visit, although for nothing to disturb our normal walking, I came home the Berceil always pass the time as I used to be, that is, for an hour or two, I enjoy myself more with this merchant and his daughters I would not do alone with my father I thought was pretty sure this woman to experience no obstacle that offered me my lover, so I promised that I would come in begging him to point to wait too long. He assured me he would get rid as soon as possible, and I arrived, oh dreadful day for me!

The Berceil received me at the entrance to his shop, without allowing me to go up to her as she was wont to do.

- Mademoiselle, "she said when she saw me, I am delighted that Mr. de ... can not get here tonight early, I have something to tell you that I dare say, something that requires that we both went out quickly for a moment that we could not make s it was here.

- And what is it, madame, "I said a little frightened at the beginning.

- From nothing, miss, for nothing, "continued the Berceil, first calm down, this is the thing in the world easier, and my mother became aware of your story is an old hag scrupulous as a confessor and my household because of her money, she will definitely more than I receive, I dare say Mr. de ... but here is what I imagined. I will lead you quickly from one of my companions, a woman of my age and just as safe as me, I'll get to know her, if you like, you admit to M. ... I've led you, it's an honest woman and you are very good that your appointments are happening there, if it displeases you, I am far from fear, as we have been that a moment, you would hide our approach, so I take it upon myself to tell him that I can not lend him my home and will notify you together to find some other ways you see.

What this woman said to me was so simple, air and tone that she used so natural, so my confidence and my full candor so perfect that I found not the slightest difficulty to give her what she asked and it never occurred to me that regrets the impossibility where she was, she said, that we continue his services, I assured him with all my heart, and we left. The house where I was driving down the street, sixty or eighty paces than that of the Berceil, nothing annoyed me outside a doorway, beautiful cross the street an air of decency and cleanliness everywhere, yet an inner voice seemed to scream at the bottom of my heart, that some singular event waiting for me in that fatal house, I felt a sort of repugnance at each level that I rode all seemed tell me: Where are you, miserable, stay away from these treacherous places ... Yet we arrived, we entered a handsome hall where we found no one and then in a show that closed soon upon us, as if there had been someone behind the door ... I shudder, it was very dark in this room, just saw there to behave, we do not eûmes three steps, I felt myself seized by two women, then opened a cabinet and I saw a man about fifty years in the middle of two other women who cried to those before me: the Undress, undress her and not bring him here naked. Back disorder where I was when the women had laid hands on me, and seeing that my salvation depended instead of my cries of my fears, I uttered appalling. The Berceil did everything she could to calm me down.

- It's a matter of a minute, miss, "she said, a bit of convenience, I beseech you, and you make me gain fifty pounds.

- Shrew infamous, "I cried, so traffic can not imagine my honor, I'll throw myself out the window if you do not make me out of here right now.

- You would in a court us where you would resume soon, my child, "said one of those freak, tearing off my clothes, and believe me, your shorter let you do ...

Oh sir, spare me the rest of these horrific details, I was stripped naked in an instant, my cries were intercepted by precautions barbarians, and I was dragged to the unworthy, to be making a game with my tears and s 'fun of my strengths, paid no attention to ensure that the unfortunate victim of which he tore the heart, two women stopped me and take me over to this monster, and master to do whatever it tried it yet extinguish the fires of her guilty passion by kissing and touching unclean, which left me with no insults ...

It helped me to get dressed quickly, and it gave me the hands of Berceil, devastated, confused, abandoned to a kind of dark and bitter grief that chilled my tears at the bottom of my heart, I cast furious glances about this woman ...

- Mademoiselle, "she said in a dreadful state, even in the lobby of the fatal home, I feel the horror that I have done, but I beg you to forgive me ... and consider at least before you engage in the idea of splendor, if you disclose this to Mr. de ..., you say what you were trained, it is a kind of fault that it does not forgive you, and you mess up forever with the man in the world that matters most to you to spare, since you have no way to repair the honor he takes away that urging him to marry you. Now be sure he never will if you tell him what just happened.

- Unhappy, why hast thou cast into the abyss, why did you put in such a situation that I have to deceive my lover, or I lose and my honor him?

- Softly, miss, do not talk about what is done, time is short, let us take care that what to do. If you speak, you're lost, if you say nothing, my house will always be open, you will never be betrayed by anyone, and you hold your lover, see if the small satisfaction of revenge which I will mock at the bottom, because having your secret, always I shall prevent Mr. de ... to hurt me, see, I say, if the small pleasure that vengeance will compensate you for all the grief it causes ...

Feeling so good at what I was dealing unworthy woman, and imbued with the strength of his reasons, they were a few ugly:

- Get out, ma'am, go out, I said, do not leave me here longer, I will not say the word, make it well, I'll use you, because I could not break without disclosing that infamous m is important to keep quiet, but I shall at least satisfy the bottom of my heart to hate you and despise you as much as you deserve to be.

We returned from the Berceil ... Good heavens, what new trouble I was before when we were told that Mr. de ... came there, he was told that Madame was out for pressing business and that miss was not yet come, and at the same time a daughter of the house gave me a note he had written in haste to me. It contained only these words: "I find you point, I guess you could not get at the usual hour, I can see you tonight, I can not wait to post tomorrow without fail. "

This calmed me no ticket item, cold which seemed to me it was a bad omen ... do not expect, so little impatient ... all this excited me to a point that I can not go, could he not have noticed our approach, we have followed, and if he did, was I a girl lost? The Berceil, also worried that I asked everyone, it is said that Mr. de ... came three minutes after we had been out, he seemed very anxious, he had retired on the spot and he had returned to write this post maybe a half hour later. More worryingly, I sent for a car ... but would you believe, sir, how much brazenness of this unworthy woman dared to wear the vice?

- Miss, said she saw me go, never say this word, I keep you recommend it, but unfortunately if you come to quarrel with M. de ... believe me, enjoy your freedom to party, this is much better than a lover, I know you're a lady as it should, but you're young, you probably give very little money, and pretty as you are, I in'll win as long as you want ... Go, go, you're not alone, and there are many who like the grouse, who married, as you can go one day, counts or marquis, and that either themselves or through their governess, we have passed through the hands like you, we have people express for small dolls like you, you must have seen, it is used as a rose, they breathe and we do not wither, farewell my dear, do we spoil point anyway, you see I can still be useful.

I cast a look of horror on that creature, and promptly left without answering him, I resumed my aunt Julie, as I used to do, and I went home.

I had no way to say anything to Mr de ..., we saw three times in the week, we were not in use to write us, we had to wait until the time of appointment You ... What would he tell me ... I answer him? I would make him a mystery of what happened, was there not greater danger in case it came to be discovered, was not it more prudent to confess all?. .. All these different combinations kept me in a state of indescribable anxiety. Finally I determined to follow the advice of Berceil, and of course that she was interested in the first secret, I resolved to imitate him and say nothing ... Oh good heavens, what to me were all these combinations, because I was never to see my lover and the lightning that would burst over my head flashed already everywhere!

My older brother asked me the day after the case, why I allowed myself to go out all alone so many times in the week and to such hours.

- I'll spend the evening with my aunt, "I said.

- This is false, Emily, a month ago that you have set foot there.

- Well, my dear brother, "I replied, trembling, I'll tell you all: One of my friends that you know well, Ms. St. Clair has the kindness to take me three times a week in her dressing room to the French I have dared to say anything for fear that my father did disapproved, but my aunt knows well.

- You go to a show, "said my brother, you could tell me, I would have accompanied you, and the process became easier ... but only with a woman who belongs to you and nothing nearly as young as you ...

- Come, come, my friend told my other brother who had approached during the interview, miss has its pleasures, so do not disturb ... she seeks a husband, certainly, they present themselves in a crowd with this behavior ...

Both me and turned back sharply. This conversation alarmed me, however my older brother seemed quite convinced of the history of the lodge, I thought I had got it wrong and it would stick there: in fact, had they said in one and one more, unless we shut m'eût nothing in the world had been violent enough to prevent me from going to the next appointment, he was becoming too important to enlighten me with my lover, so that nothing on earth could deprive me of the visit.

With respect to my father, he was always the same, idolizes me, not suspecting any of my wrongs, and never annoying to me about anything. It is cruel to have such parents to deceive, and that remorse which arise sow thorns on the pleasures to be bought at the expense of this kind of treachery! Fatal example, cruel passion, can you guarantee my mistakes will be those in the same situation as me, and sentences that can coûtées me my pleasures criminals, arrest them at least on the edge of the abyss, if never learn my sad story.

The fateful day finally arrives, I'm Julie, and slip away as my usual, I let my aunt and win quickly in my cab home from the Berceil. I go down ... The silence, the darkness prevailing in this house, surprisingly alarm me at first ... no familiar face do this to me, it seems that an old woman I had ever seen and that I too see to my sorrow, which tells me to stop me in the room where I am, that M. ..., she is called, will come to find me now. A universal cold takes hold of my senses, and I fall into a chair without having the strength to say a word, no sooner am I that my two brothers come to me, gun in hand.

- Unhappy, "cries the eldest, so that's taxed as you tell us, if you make the slightest resistance, if you throw a cry, you're dead. Follow us, we'll teach you to betray at once that you dishonor your family, and the lover who you indulged yourself.

At these last words, the knowledge left me altogether, and I regained my sense for me in the back of a coach who seemed to go very fast, between my two brothers and the old that I just mentioned , legs tied, and both hands clenched into a tissue, tears, previously contained by the excess of my grief, did pass with abundance and I was one hour in a condition, some that I might be guilty would have touched any one but both of which I depended executioners. They spoke to me from the road, I imitated their silence and lost myself in my sorrow, we finally arrived the next day at eleven o'clock in the morning between Coucy and Noyon, in a castle located in the bottom of a timber belonging my elder brother's car entered the yard, I was ordered to remain there, until the horses and servants were excluded, so my older brother came to fetch me.

"Follow me," he said abruptly after having detached ... I obeyed, trembling ... God, what is my fear, seeing the place of horror that will be my retirement! was a low room, dark, damp and dark, closed bars on all sides and not drawing a little daylight by a window overlooking a wide ditch full of water.

- This is your home, miss, I told my brothers, a daughter who dishonors his family may well be here ... Your food will be proportionate to the rest of treatment, this is what you give, they continued showing me a piece of bread like the one we give to animals, and since we do not want you to suffer too long, that On the other hand, we want to take away any way out of here, these two women, they said, pointing to the old and another roughly the same as we found in the castle, these two women are responsible you bleed both arms as many times per week than you would find M. de ... in the Berceil; gradually, hopefully at least, this scheme will lead you to the grave and we will be really quiet when we learn that the family is relieved of a monster like you.

At these words, they ordered the women to grab me, and before them the villains, sir, pardon the expression, in front of them ... the cruel made me bleed from both arms at once and did not stop this cruel treatment when they saw me unconscious ... Returned to me, I found them applauding their barbarity, and as if they had wanted all my shots were worn at once, as if they had reveled to tear my heart at the same time they spread my blood, the elder drew a letter from his pocket and showing me:

- Read, miss, "he said, read, and know to whom you owe your pain ...

I open with trembling, my eyes barely did they recognize the strength of these sad characters: O great God ... he was my lover himself, was he who betrayed me, this is what this cruel letter contained the words are in broken blood still printed on my heart.

"I made the folly of love your sister, sir, and the imprudence of dishonor, I would fix everything, devoured by remorse, I would fall at the feet of your father, confess his guilt and ask her daughter would have been sure of the confession of mine and I was made for you belong, when these resolutions were formed ... my eyes, my own eyes convince me I'm a whore who deal only in the shadow of appointments that led a pure and honest sentiment, dared to go satiate the desires of the infamous rogue male. Do not wait any longer to repair me, sir, I owe you more, I'm not so sure that most of abandonment, and that they hate the most inviolable and contempt for the decision. I send you the address of the house where your sister was going to corrupt, sir, so you can check whether I will impose. "

No sooner had I read these sad words that I fell in the ugliest state ... No, I told myself to pull my hair, not cruel, you never loved me, and if the lighter had ignited feel your heart, hadst thou condemned unheard, hadst- you assumed guilty of such crime when it was you that I loved ... Treacherous, and it is your hand that book to me is that she rushed into the arms of the executioners who will make me die every day in detail ... and die without being justified by you ... die despised everything that I love when I have never intentionally offended when I've never been as dupe and victim, oh no, no, this is too cruel, it is beyond my forces the support! And throwing me in tears at the feet of my brothers, I begged them or hear me, or complete to sell my blood drop by drop and kill me instantly.

They were willing to listen, I told them my story, but they wanted to lose me, and they do not believe me, they treated me the worse, after finally overwhelmed me with abuse, after recommending to two women running from point to point their order under pain of death, they left me, assuring me coldly that they hoped not to see me ever.

Once they were gone, my two guards left me bread, water, and locked me up, but at least I was alone I could indulge in the excess of my despair, I was less unhappy. The first movements of my desperation led me to disband my arms and let me die by completing losing my blood. But the horrible idea of ceasing to live without being justified in my lover, I tore so violently that I could never bring myself to this party, a little calm restores hope ... Hope this feeling comforter that always arises in the middle of sentences, this divine nature that we did for rock or smooth ... No, I said, I will not die without seeing it, this is just what I'm working, I must take care that this; if he persists in believing me guilty, it's time to die and then I will at least not without regret, since it is impossible that life could be charm for me when I lost her love.

This bias, I resolved not to neglect any means that could tear me away from this odious house. There were four days that I was comforted by this thought, when my two gaolers reappeared to renew my supplies and make me lose along with the little strength they gave me and they still bled me with both arms, and me left in bed without movement on the eighth day they reappeared, and as I threw myself at their feet and ask pardon, they bled me that one arm. Finally, two months passed, during which I was constantly bleeding alternately from both arms, all four days. The strength of my temperament supported me, my age, I too desire to escape this terrible situation, the amount of bread I eat to get my exhaustion and my resolutions to run while I succeeded, and towards the beginning of the third month, fortunate enough to have punched a wall, for myself introduced by the hole in an adjoining room that nothing was closing, and am finally escaped from the castle, trying to win I could walk as the road to Paris, where my strength left to love me completely where you saw me, I got you, sir, the generous assistance which my sincere gratitude pays you as much as I can, and I dare you beg me to go on, to get back into the hands of my father that was surely a mistake and will never be barbarous enough to condemn me without allowing me to prove my innocence. I convince him that I was weak, but he'll see that I was not as guilty as the appearances seem to prove it, and through you, sir, you will not only recalled to life a unhappy creature who never cease to thank you, but you made the same honor to a family who believes delighted unfairly.

- Mademoiselle, "said the Comte de Luxeuil after having taken all possible attention to the story of Emily, it is difficult to see you and hear you without taking you to the keenest interest, you probably have not been guilty that we have reason to believe, but there is some carelessness in your conduct that you must be very hard to conceal.

- Oh, sir!

- Listen to me, miss, I beseech you, hear the man in the world who has more desire to serve you. Driving your lover is awful, not only is it unfair because it would clear up and you see better, but it is even cruel, if one is accused of not wanting to point point return, gives up woman in this case, but we do not denounce his family, we do not disgrace, we do not deliver to those who are unworthy to lose, it does not excite revenge ... I blame so much the conduct of the one you love ... but that of your brothers is even more shameful, that one is atrocious in every respect, there are only murderers who can behave well. Wrongs of this case do not deserve such punishment, never chains have been useless, they are silent in such cases, but not sit nor blood nor the freedom of the perpetrators; these heinous means more dishonor those who employ those who are the victims, we earned their hatred, it was good noise and nothing was repaired. Some expensive that we either under a sister, his life must be a very different value in our eyes, the honor may go, not the blood that was shed, so if the conduct is so horrible, it certainly would be punished if we brought a complaint to the government, but these means would not imitate those who persecute you, that would qu'ébruiter what we need to shut up, are not those that 'we must take. I'm going to act any differently to serve you, miss, but I warn you that I do then the following conditions: first, you give me a written reply addresses your father, your aunt, Berceil , and the man you took the Berceil, and the second miss, you name me without any difficulty the person who interests you. This clause is so essential that I make no secret that I absolutely can not serve you anything if you keep the name to disguise myself as I demand.

Emily, confused, begins exactly fill the first condition and having submitted these addresses to Count:

- You expect, sir, "she said, blushing," I appoint you my seducer.

- Absolutely, miss, I can do nothing without it.

- Well, sir ... is the Marquis de Luxeuil ...

- The Marquis de Luxeuil, "cried the count, can not disguise the emotion that the cast on his son's name ... he was capable of this feature, it ... And returning: He will repair, miss ... it will repair and you will be avenged ... receive my word, farewell.

Stirring surprising that the last confidence Emily came to the Earl of Luxeuil, amazingly surprised that unhappy, she feared to have been an indiscretion, yet the words of the count, leaving reassured her, and without understanding the binding of all these facts it was impossible to disentangle, not knowing where she was, she resolved to wait patiently the result of steps taken by his benefactor, and the care they kept taking any it while they were doing, completed the calm and convince that only worked for her happiness.

She had every reason to be fully convinced when she saw the fourth day after her explanation, the earl into her room holding the Marquis de Luxeuil by hand.

- Mademoiselle, "said the count, I take you to both the author of your misfortunes, and he who comes to repair them on their knees begging you not to refuse him your hand.

At these words the marquis falls at the feet of the woman he loves, but this surprise was too strong for Emily; not strong enough to support her, she fainted in the arms of the woman who served, to dint of care, yet she soon returned to his senses and found himself in the arms of her lover

- Cruel man, "she said, pouring a torrent of tears, what sorrow you have caused to the one you like! Can you believe him capable of infamy that you dare to suspect? Emily loving you could be victim of its weakness and deceit of others, she could never be unfaithful.

- Oh I love you, "cried the marquis, forgive a transport of jealousy horrible based on misleading appearances, we are all now quite sure, but these fatal appearances, alas, they were not against you ?

- It should respect me, Luxeuil, and you would not have believed you made mistakes, it took less listen to your despair that the feelings I was flattered to inspire you. This example to learn that my sex is almost always too much love ... almost always in yielding too quickly that we lose the esteem of our lovers ... O Luxeuil, you would have liked better if I loved you would slow down, you have punished for my weakness, and what needed to strengthen your love is what made you suspect mine.

- That all forgotten on both sides, "interrupted the Count; Luxeuil, your conduct is reprehensible and if you do you were not offered to repair at the moment, so I would not have known the will in your heart, I'd have seen in my life. When one loves, "said our old troubadour, one would have heard had we seen anything to the detriment of its economy, one should not believe his ears or his eyes, he must listen to his heart. Miss, I look forward to your recovery, "continued the count, turning to Emily, I do not want you back with your parents that as the wife of my son and I trust they will refuse point join me to repair your misfortunes if they do not, I offer you my house, miss celebrating your wedding there, and until my last breath I will continue to see in you a step- beloved daughter whom I will always be honored, we approve or not her hymen. Luxeuil threw himself at his father's neck, Mademoiselle de Tourville was in tears by pressing the hands of his benefactor, and she was left a few hours to recover from a scene which would take too long hindered the recovery that we wanted to both sides with so much ardor.

The fifteenth day finally his return to Paris, Mademoiselle de Tourville was able to get up and get in the car, the count was dressed in a white robe-like innocence of his heart, nothing was spared to raise the brightness of her charms, a remnant of pallor and weakness made it more interesting, the count, and Luxeuil is transported to the president who was accused of Tourville nothing and whose surprise was great seeing for his daughter. He was with his two son whose forehead s'imprimèrent of anger and rage at the sight unexpected, they knew their sister escaped, but they believed the dead in a wooded area and consoled themselves as we see most readily the world.

- Sir, said the count with his father to Emily, that is the very innocence that I bring to your knees, and Emily rushed ... I implore pardon, sir, "continued the count, and it would not be me who you ask, if I was sure she deserves it, the rest, sir," he continued quickly, the best evidence I can give you the deep respect I have for your daughter is that I demand for my son. Our ranks are made to join forces, sir, and there was there any discrepancy in my hand on the side of the property, I'd sell everything I have to call my son a fortune worthy of being offered to miss your daughter . Decide, sir, and let me not leave you until I have your word.

The old president of Tourville, who had always loved his beloved Emily, who at bottom was goodness personified, and even because of the excellence of his character was no longer dependent for over twenty years, the old President, I said, basting with tears the bosom of this dear child, "replied the count that he was too happy for such a choice, that everything that was distressed that his beloved Emily was not worthy; and the Marquis de Luxeuil then having thrown his knees beside the chair, begged him to forgive his mistakes and allow him to repair. Everything promised, everything was arranged, everything is calm on both sides, the only brother of our heroine interesting refused to share the general joy and repulsed when she walked toward them with a kiss, the Count, furious such a process, tried to arrest one who sought to leave the apartment. Mr. Tourville said the Count:

- Let them, sir, let them, they made me horribly wrong, and if the dear child had been so guilty that they have told me, would you give to your son? They troubled the happiness of my life in depriving me of my Emily ... let them ...

And these unfortunates out in fulminating rage. Then instructed Mr. Earl Tourville of all the horrors of his son and daughter of real harm, the president saw the small proportion there was between the faults and unworthiness of punishment, he swore would never see his son, Count soothed and made him promise that he would erase his memory of these processes. Eight days later, the marriage was celebrated without the brothers voulussent appear there, but we passed them, they are despised, Mr. Tourville was content to recommend the most profound silence on pain of them confine themselves and they were silent, but not enough yet to not boast themselves of their infamous process by condemning indulgence of their father, and those who knew this unfortunate adventure cried, frightened excruciating detail that characterize it:

- Oh good heavens, these are the horrors that will allow those who meddle tacitly punish the crimes of others! It is correct to say that such infamy are up to these frantic and inept henchmen of the blind Themis, which fed into a rigor fool hardened from childhood to the cries of misfortune, bloodstained from the cradle blaming everything and indulging in all, imagine that the only way to cover their secret wickedness and prevarication is to display a public stiffness rigidity, equating them to the exterior of the geese, to tigers for inside, however, has to be in the staining of crimes than to impose stupid and hate to make the wise and their principles and their heinous and despicable acts bloodthirsty individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment